IDLO’s International Advisory Council, established in 2006, brings together a select group of distinguished leaders and experts from around the world who share in our vision of creating a culture of justice. The Council plays a key role in providing high level advice and support to the Director-General in her leadership of the organization.
The International Advisory Council was comprised of the following esteemed individuals:
- Abdel-Latif Al-Hamad: Chairman and CEO, Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development
- Abdou Diouf: Former President of the Republic of Senegal
- Willy Mutunga: Former Chief Justice of Kenya
- Thomas Pickering: Former United States Ambassador and Under Secretary of State
- Mary Robinson: Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Albie Sachs: Former Justice, Constitutional Court of South Africa
- Muhammad Yunus: Nobel Peace Laureate, Chairman of Yunus Centre and Founder of Grameen Bank
We are grateful to William H. Gates Sr.: Co-Chair, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, for his service on the International Advisory Council for many years.