SIDE EVENT Creating a Culture of Gender Justice: A Multi-Dimensional Approach
Taking place during the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women, this side-event will provide an opportunity for Member States, and civil society to discuss critical issues related to gender justice as a key enabler for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and a key foundation for building and sustaining peace. It will also showcase examples of how gender justice for women is central to the achievement of the development goals across multiple dimensions, whether through combating discriminatory laws, building capacity of institutions that deliver justice, strengthening women’s ability to know and claim their rights, enhancing women’s participation in the justice sector and promoting role models, among others.
The event is organized by the Permanent Mission of the State of Qatar and the International Development Law Organization IDLO.
13:15 - 14:30 | Monday, 12 March, 2018 | UN Conference Room 8, UN Secretariat, New York, USA
- H.E. Dr. Issa Al Jafali Al Nuaimi, Minister of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs of the State of Qatar
- Ms. Irene Khan, Director-General, International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
- H.E. Néziha Labidi, Minister of Women, Family and Children Affairs of the Republic of Tunisia
- Ms. Ana Maria Menéndez, Under-Secretary-General and Secretary-General Senior Adviser on Policy
- Dr. Hessa Al-Jaber, former Minister of Communication and Information Technology of the State of Qatar, UN ITU Broadband Commissioner for Digital Development, Commissioner for the WHO/ITU Commission on Information and Accountability for Women and Children's Health
- Dr. Shezra Mansab, Member National Assembly of Pakistan
- Ms. Amal Abdullatif Al Mannai, CEO Qatar Foundation for Social Work
- Judge Luigi Marini, Justice at the Supreme Court, Italy
- Ms. Ghida Fakhry, International broadcast journalist and current affairs program presenter with TRT World
RSVP to email@example.com
Social media information:
A concept note is available and the 'Invitation' will be circulated soon. RSVP via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)