IDLO's Strategic Plan for 2013 – 2016 is based on wide-ranging consultations with 600 stakeholders from 50 countries. The Plan sets the direction of IDLO’s work and guides the Organization's development and resource mobilization.
WHAT THE PLAN SEEKS TO ACHIEVE
- Focus – making hard choices based on IDLO’s comparative advantage to achieve clear and measurable results;
- Reform – improving IDLO’s organizational systems and structures so that it can do more and better with less; and
- Resources – broadening IDLO’s donor base and increasing its predictable and flexible income to achieve financial sustainability.
SUBSTANTIVE OUTCOMES WE SEEK
- Well-functioning, responsive legal institutions
- Citizens who are empowered and aware of their rights
- Legal systems that enable fair, sustainable development outcomes
Drawing from the diverse experience of the past cycle, our substantive goals seek to bring focus, clarity and direction by selecting only three goals that play to our comparative advantage and respond to the needs and demands of the external world.