IDLO is unique in its strong partnership with governments and civil society organizations in the global South, including legal, professional and academic bodies. As a knowledge organization, we engage with thought leaders in many developing countries, and nurture them through our programmatic work.
To date, IDLO has concluded over 40 Memoranda of Understanding with UN agencies, governments, national and regional bodies, and educational institutions.
Unrestricted and program revenue donors to IDLO in 2014 were:
- the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- the European Union
- the Ford Foundation
the Governments of:
- Denmark (DANIDA)
- Germany (GIZ)
- Ireland (Irish Aid)
- United Kingdom (DfID)
- USA (US Department of State, INL and USAID)
and the following:
- the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED)
- the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (UN CBD)
- the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
In June 2015 the Government of Sweden (Sida), a historic donor to IDLO, signed a new multi-year grant agreement with IDLO on unrestricted funding for the period 2015-2018.